Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Letter to Hank #8 - Peace of Mind

Just when I think I might throw myself off a cliff I collect my thoughts, reasses the situation and remember I'm your Momma and it's a brand new year! Does it sound like I'm struggling to be a woman, a wife, a mother, a worker bee, a friend, a maid, a cook ( even if it's a bad one), a laundress, your milk factory and distributer, lightening fast butt cleaner, pacifier catcher, ummm, what else? Oh yeah...sex kitten. I clearly forgot that one. Ugh.

Maybe it's the lack of sleep but I don't feel like I do anything very well. And not that I had high standards before, but, you see, that's the problem! I'm a half asser! I get something about half done then something comes up and I go to the next thing - dang, if I do have the time to finish something now I just don't because I don't even think I know HOW to ahahah! Wait a minute, I think I was a half asser before you were born so now I'm a fourth asser ( doing exactly half of the half I was doing before!)

You're growing up just fine and are so delicious. We've been calling you that for months and apparently it's a pretty common term - I read it on Goose Bump's blog today! Everywhere we take you you think it's a social event, like you are supposed to get your own entrance music or something! 2001 Space Odyssey is so cliche - you're more of a Raiders of the Lost Ark kind of fella. You'll need to be at least 15 for the Darth Vader theme - sorry your bad ass days are coming soon enough.
I need a dollar for all the ladies that call you handsome. Next time I hear it I'll say " Pay up Sista, this guy's got college to pay for someday". We'll be rich in no time! But you'll be kinda jaded too.

You're Grandaddy sure does think you are the bees knees. I heard that somewhere recently but I don't really understand the meaning. He's in the hospital right now and he says you are his therapy - his incentive to get better. I know for a fact he isn't the only one that thinks that way. And I'm pretty sure that Grammie and Grandpappy didn't mind getting Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease as long as it came from you and not some crumbsnatcher sitting in a grocery store buggy. ;D
The word Crumbsnatcher was stolen from a redneck acquaintance and I promise to try to not damage your psyche by calling you that - but it does make me laugh when I say it so beware as it may become a term of endearment one day.

Your sleeping positions are a hoot and I risk waking you up to get a picture. I dont want to just have stories, I want to remember it and how sappy sugery sweet it is to watch you sleeping away.





You hardly look like a baby anymore. You have little boy whispy hair, you talk up a storm and are hell on wheels in a walker. Your little sock feet take you everywhere. Hank, you will be a man that goes for what you want. I know this because you dive bomb to grab stuff off the floor, try to fly out of our arms and know where you want to go. AND thankfully you want to get there as fast as possible!

No comments: