Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Notable Quips

I just have to write down some of the phrases that have caught my attention over time - either funny, ironic, enlighening or profound they all have a place in my cranium. Some have a history, some are history and other just pass unnoticed until later and I finally get it.

"Damn, I forgot to shave my arms" - Drea Desdemona
A cross dresser friend of mine - Tony- said this when I picked him up for a show. I've never forgotten how hard I laughed.

"It doesn't take a sex fest to make a baby" - Tracy
A work friend of mine said this when I was trying to figure out how unprotected sex got me all knocked up

"Your kid will be a pain in the ass just like you" - Becky
Ahhh, you gotta love the honesty of a best friend. She's probably right.

" Thank God it's you not me!" - Becky
When I took the preg test and I was curled up in her bed in a panic - words of comfort were not available from her hahaha

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is - Albert Camus
Transcendentalism at it's finest

DeeBee DeeBee DeeBee DeeBee - Harish
I never know what he's saying...

"No minivan and soccer haircut for her. Her child also won’t get away with anything. Angela is too cluey to be fooled by a child, even her own." – Sarah
I guess we'll see won't we??

"It just is what it is" - Nydia
About as simple was you can get without being too apathetic

"Let him be in a happy dream world, your dad said I ruined his life so it could always be so much worse.” - My Mom
When I told her I was pregnant and she thought I was joking. I rolled my eyes that gary was falling all over himself with excitement so she gave me some reality.

"The world needs parents that care! " owner of Scarlet Begonia
Simple reassurance. Period.

Tylenol, kisses and blue kool aid fix everything!" - Marcia
Simple kid comforts and very wise. Thank you!

“Dot can’t have anymore cuz there’s something wrong with my semen” - Glen in Raising Arizona
heeheehee We crack up at that line everytime. He said semen.

“Baby, needs a sammich!” - Denise
Said with the voice of a black jazz singer when all I ate was egg salad sandwiches and had to have them at that moment - no waiting!

Don't wrestle the pig - both of you will end up dirty but the pig likes it - Winston Churchill
How true. Love him and his genious.

No comments: